- General rules
Tournament will be played by 8th edition rules.
2.1 Army lists
Teams must send their army lists by May 13th, 2012.
A printout of your lists will be handed to you upon registration.
Army size is 1600 points per player. No lord level caracters. Unused points can’t be used for the team mate’s army. Armies must be from two different armybooks (no duplicate army in one team). All list restrictions from armybooks apply. Any models can be used as long as they approximately match GW models in size, are glued to appropriate bases and fulfil the WYSIWYG requirement (what you see is what you get – clear representation of the unit in question and its equipment).
Each model in the army must be assembled and glued to the appropriate base. All unites must have appropriate movement trays (single model are excluded).
Official publications FAQs and errata that can be found on official UK GW sites are used.
Each team will play four (4) games. Game duration is 4 hours.
Tournament will be played using Swiss-system for pairing: In the first game teams will be paired randomly (avoiding matching club mates against each other if possible). After that teams will be paired depending on their current generalship score. After each game, teams will be ranked by their current score in generalship (VPs will be the tiebreaker). First two teams will be paired, then third and fourth etc… Exceptions will be made in order to never pair the same two teams if at all possible.
Each game will be played on a 6’ x 4’ table.
Terrains will be set by the organizer. Participants should return the terrain to its original position after they finished their game in case it has been moved during the match (e.g. WE magic).
Apart from his army, each player is required to bring: Armybook for his army, all necessary dice and a tape measure marked in inches.
Unless opponents agree otherwise, all measurements are made from bases, not movement trays.
If a team is late for the game more than 30 minutes, the opponent gets a 20-0 victory with maximum VPs (including banners and generals) and a sports score of 4 for that game, while the offending team gets 2 points in sports.
Current errata and FAQs published before May 1st, 2012 will be used.
All 4 games will be played by scenario rules:
Mark 6 terrains on the table with numbers (1-6). The ordering of the numbers has no importance, just select 6 terrain on the table and mark them with numbers (dice can be used for this). If there is more than 6 terrain on the table, each team picks one terrain until 6 are picked (roll a dice to see which team selects first).
At the start of each turn, one player from the team who’s turn it is (each turn another player preferably) rolls a single D6. The terrain whose number came up on that dice is blowing with unnatural winds of dark magic. All units within 6" from the terrain feature suffer 1D6 Strength 1 hits. If any of those units is at least partially within that terrain, it suffers 2D6 Strength 1 hits instead.[/b]
RUN TO THE “HILL”
Before this game a suitable marker will be placed on the centre of the table, which will be the Sacred Ground of the table. (consider this as open ground). At the start of each turn, all players roll a single D6. If both players from the team got the same result on the dice, all units on their side within 8" from the hill are granted 1 reroll of a single D6.
You can reroll a single D6 from a 2D6, and any other XD6 roll. This can cause and prevent irresisitble casts and miscasts. Any character that was in the unit when it gained that benefit can use that roll as well. It can be used for any purpose that is directly affecting that unit (for example, you can reroll D6 of a spell that is casting a buff on them, but you cannot reroll a D6 of a spell that is being casted on an enemy unit in combat with them).
At the end of current turn, any rerolls not used are wasted.[/b]
2.4 Line of sight
True line of sight, as presented in the 8th edition rulebook will NOT be used. Instead, the following rules will be in effect in the tournament:
Note that these rules are pretty intuitive once you try them out. Putting them on paper and in a set of rules makes them seem a bit intimidating, but carefully reading them should help in visualizing how they work. There are levels of height:
Level 0: Swarms (does not include infantry-sized swarm, such as Spirit Host) and Skirmishers
Level 1: Infantry and War machines
Level 2: Cavalry, Monstrous cavalry, Monstrous infantry, War beasts, Chariots
Level 3: Monsters, Hills (units on a hill add their level to the hill level)
A house counts as a level equal to the number of floors it has. Units in house count as having an extra height level equal to the number of the floor it is shooting from (models shooting from 3rd floor of the house will have +3 level, and those from 1st floor will have +1 level); note that floors start from 0, so house with only ground floor will not give any height bonus.
These levels interact in the following way:
- The unit does NOT see over the level equal to or greater than its own level (i.e., war machines do not see through infantry, but do see through skirmishers and over swarms).
- The unit sees over the level less than its own (i.e., cavalry sees over infantry)
- If the unit is shooting over a unit that is lower than its own level by 1, their target is considered to be “in cover” (-2 to hit with missile weapons)
- If the unit is shooting over a unit that is lower than its own level by 2 or more, their target is NOT considered to be “in cover” (no penalty to hit with missile weapons)
- Monsters and units with “Large target” rule will NEVER be considered to be in cover
Distance between deployment zones is just over 24’’ by definition. Should players accidentally place their units slightly closer to the enemy than allowed, than the actual measurements are disregarded in favour of this assumption. In other words, nothing that has precisely 24" shooting range can hit an enemy on the first turn without moving slightly (or unless the enemy came closer). The same goes for spells, charges (helped by animosity or magic) etc. with a range of 24".
To speed up the deployment phase of the game we encourage players to deploy two units instead of one during their turn in deployment phase but this is by no means tournament rule! Teams can work out other ways of deployment how they see fit.
- Team Game Rules
3.1 Characters, Generals & Battle Standards:
Each army has its own general and battle standard (if present in rooster). They follow all relevant rules described in the Warhammer 8th edition Rulebook. Slain Generals and Battle Standards are worth extra 50 points rather then 100 points (as written in rulebook).
Allied units can use the allied general’s leadership value, but only if he is within 6’’ (note that using the best available LD rule still applies).
Characters can only join own units (from same rooster) following all normal restrictions given in the armybook. It is not possible to join allied units.
Note on Panic: Units from allied armies cause panic the same way your own would. (Except for units that don’t normally cause panic)
Maximum number of power dice that can EVER be used in a single magic phase is 12
Maximum number of additional power dice that can be generated (after channeling) is 2
This includes any and all sources of additional dice, such as Slann Rumination power, power familiars, banners, etc…
additional power dices that are generated after winds of magic can be used only by player that has generated them
Only ONE lore per TEAM (i.e., there can be only one death mage per TEAM)
Dice from spells (Dark lore or Tzeentch lore) can be used to generate third extra dice
- For example, if you used 1 extra dice from an item, you can generate 2 more dice with a spell. If you did not generate any extra power dice, you can generate 3 dice with the spell
Maximum number of additional dispel dice that can be generated (after channeling) is 3. This includes any and all sources of additional dice, such as Runesmiths, dispel dice “stealing”, magical items, etc…
Maximum number of dice used to cast any single spell is 4 (instead of 6). No power, ability, or anything else can ever increase this to 5 or more dice. This includes things like Slann Rumination power, Sacrificial Dagger, etc…
This DOES NOT include fixed bonuses to casting rolls (i.e., +2 to cast or +D3 to cast)
both player per team roll 1 dice each for winds of magic. They can choose which mage will dispell spells (i.e., HE mage can choose to dispell spell cast on his allied team players Empire unit)
- Army Composition
4.1 Army Books
All armybooks published after April 15th, 2013 can’t be used. If a new armybook of existingarmy was published after this date, the older one is used (the most recent one published before April 15th, 2012). No „back-of-the-book“ lists.
Allied armies section from the 8th edition Rulebook will be used. Forces of order nd forces of destruction can never be joined.
Daemons of Chaos
Orcs & Goblins
Warriors of Chaos
4.2 Army Selection
The army of one player cannot exceed 1600 points
Unused points in one army cannot be used in the other army!
Both armies must be built according to the 8th edition Warhammer rule book.
No unit can cost over 400 points (characters and their mounts are NOT included in this limit)
No unit can have more than 35 models
4.3. Magic Items
Each common magic item can only be used once in both allied armies.
There can be only one item/power/gift/bloodline/rune per team that reacts to a player casting a spell (any and all kinds of scrolls - dispell, frog, wounds, gifts etc)
Several items are found to be too good in 8th edition, and are therefore banned from the tournament.
The following items are banned:
Pendant of Khaeleth
Neffera’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations
Third eye of tzeentch
4.4 Troop Composition (Teams)
• No Special or Named characters are allowed
No lord choice chracters may be taken in armies.
There can be only one caracter that can cast magic or use bound items per Army.No lord choice chracters may be taken in armies.
There can be only one caracter that can cast magic or use bound items per Army.
All loremaster items/gifts/powers etc. are treated as the bearer rolls for 2 spells from any lore from the rulebook at the start of the game instead of knowing all of them form the chosen lore
• All units of warmachine type which are template weapons are 0-1
No TEAM can have more than 3 template weapons/attacks
No duplicate specials.
No double rare.
Maximum number of monstruos beasts/cavalry/etc. is 3 model per unit.
Maximum number of monstruos beasts/cavalry/etc. UNITS is 2 per TEAM.
Maximum number of monstruos infantry models is 6 per unit.
Cannons are template weapons
One use only magical items do not count
Maximum 3 war machines per team (each war machine is 0-1).
Ranged template weapons/attacks are those that can be used in the shooting phase
Maximum 1 model with Thunderstomp special rule per player (including caracter mounts)
No army can have more than 25 models with ranged weapons of range 24“ or more NO TEAM MORE THAN 40
Strength 3 ranged weapons with range 24"+ count as 1 ranged weapon
Strength 4 or more ranged weapons with range 24"+ count as 1.25ranged weapon
Chariots and characters do NOT count towards this limit, no matter what ranged weapon they have(magical, mundane…)
• No TEAM can have more than 15 models with scout rule
MAX 10 per ARMY with 0-1 limit for scouts
• Maximum of 4 units with fly special rule (including characters) PER TEAM, Max 2 per army
• Dwarf Thanes, Bretonnian Paladins and Wood Elf Nobles retain all mundane equipment if upgraded to Army Battle Standard Bearers and may select equipment as if they weren’t upgraded
4.5 Troop Composition (Players)
Beasts of Chaos:
• Maximum of 3 chariot models of any type
• Replace Beastmen Ambush special rule with Ambush special rule from the rulebook
• Herdstone Shard is counted as open terrain and can only be placed on open terrain (it must be no more than
60mm in diameter)
• Maximum of 1 model with Heroic Killing blow per army
• Pegasus knights 0-1
Daemons of Chaos:
• maximum 3 plaguebeasts
• maximum 3 plaguedrones
• maximum 3 bloodcrushers
• Consider that Maximum number of monstruos beasts/cavalry/etc. UNITS is 2 per TEAM
• Repeater Crossbows count as 1.25 models with ranged weapons with range of 24“ or more each.
• Pegasus heroes 0-1
• Maximum 1 Assasin
• No double gits of khaine
• Gyrocopter does not count as a war machine
• Dwarf Runes cannot be doubled on the same model/unit
• Repeater Handgun count as 2.5 models with ranged weapons with range of 24“ or more each.
• Witch Hunter 0-1
• Maximum 3 demigriph knights in 1 unit
• banned Steam tank
• Maximum of 20 Skink Skirmishers
• Maneaters with Vanguard and/or Scout special rule count as 3 scouts, if they have Sniper special rule with either of the above mentione rules they count as 4 scouts
• Banned: Hellheart
• Maximum of 4 Leadbelchers
• Leadbelchers count as 2 models with ranged weapons with range of 24“ or more each.
• Maximum of 4 models with PISTOLS rule
• Maximum of 3 Mournfang Cavalry models
• ironblaster counts as a monster
Orcs and Goblins:
• Maximum of 3 chariot models (can not be all 3 of the same type)
• Hellpit Abomination - lossess Random Movement special rule and is treated like a normal monster with movement value of 3D6", meaning it moves, charges and flees 3D6. When charging it declares a normal charge and the defending player can choose to flee. When it moves it doesn’t have to move in a straight line but like a normal monster.
Doomrocket, Death Globe and Brass Orb count as war machines
• Maximum number of Gutter Runners is 8
• Units of Chariots are 0-2
• Banned: Neffera’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations
max 3 models in the army sepulchar stalkers/Necropolis knights
• No Bloodline power may be doubled
• Maximum of 2 ethereal units/characters
• Maximum of 2 units/characters with Banshee Scream, Death Shriek and Ghostly Howl special rule
• Maximum number of Black Knights in a unit is 6
Warriors of Chaos:
• Maximum number of Skullcrusher models is the army is 3
• max 3 chariots (can not be all 3 of the same type)
- Tournament Points
5.1 Victory Points (Generalship) (0-80)
Extra victory points:
- if you lower an enemy unit below 25% you get ½ victory points for that unit
- if an enemy unit flees at the end of the game you get ½ victory points for that unit
- in case of a rider and it’s mount with each one having a profile of its own, if you kill the rider/mount, you get victory points for killing it at the end of the battle (example: if you have a 100pts character on a 300pts mount and you kill the mount, you get 300 victory points)
Victory conditions are calculated as followed:
0- 170 - 10/10
171-340 - 11/9
341-510 - 12/8
511-680 - 13/7
681-850 - 14/6
851-1020 - 15/5
1021-1190 - 16/4
1191-1360 - 17/3
1361-1530 - 18/2
1531-1700 - 19/1
1701+ - 20/0